Here some quick facts about Dresden for educational salve:
- It was heavily bombed during World War II. Over 90% of the damn place was scorched
- It’s got water flowing through the middle of the city, separating the Old Town and New Town
- It’s considered the cultural, political, educational and economical centre of Germany
- It was kinda cold while we were there
- Everyone bikes everywhere
We got a Bla Bla car trip from Prague to Dresden for ten Euro each. It took two hours and we were dropped off at a train station out of town. It’s a major credit to German public transport that the train/trams were on time every time. Super cheap too.
You say to Germans, ‘Love your public transport system,’ and they look like 😐 at you because they’re so used to it. I guess people from certain parts of Africa might be impressed if they experienced New Zealand public transport, it’s all about perspective.
Here’s a video of us walking around Dresden
More Travel times
Relaxing and Hot: Tenerife This place is gorgeous. We got here almost five weeks ago and I could […]